Thursday, January 22, 2015

Garlic Lemon Prawns





If you like garlic (like me) and prawns, this super fast and delicious recipe is ideal for you.

I prepared this dish for our tapas dinner last weekend but you can also toss spaghetti with the prawns for a complete 1-dish meal.

Garlic Lemon Prawns

Ingredients

1kg fresh prawn (peeled and deveined)
4-6 cloves garlic (peeled and sliced thinly)
Fresh lemon juice (from half lemon)
1 stalk fresh dill (remove leaves from stem)
½ tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
1 tbsp white wine

Method

Marinate deveined prawns with sugar, salt and olive oil for at least 15 minutes.

Heat 5 tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Sautee prawns for 1-2 minutes until prawns curled and turn red.

After about a minute, before the prawns are fully cooked, add garlic slices (You do not want to brown/burn the garlic) and dill leaves (keep some for garnishing). Sautee until prawns are cooked.

Squeeze in the lemon juice and white wine.

Add salt and pepper to taste. (If you like the extra kick,  add cayenne pepper or cut chili padi)

Plate and garnish with remaining fresh dill.

16 comments:

  1. Yummmmm!!!! My missus would cook garlic prawns - family recipe but we use our huge freshwater udang galah instead. Lovely presentation, yours, very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uncle Arthur! Are those prawns with super big heads?!

      Delete
  2. The prawns look super fresh, Alvin. Did you buy from wet market? Thank you for your well wishes:D Happy to see your comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lian! Yes I did. I'm glad to be back too! :D

      Delete
  3. Helloooo there! Ah, good to see a cooking post from you again, Alvin! This garlic lemon prawns have to be good. And yup, I would love it tossed with spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hi PH! Loong time ya?! Let me keep this going.

      Delete
  4. Hellooooooo Alvin, long time no see! You're back with a fantastic recipe, I would certainly love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen! As I said, the few of you have amazing energy level which I truly admire! I'm trying to keep up the pace. :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Alvin,
    Long time no see! And you are back with a scrumptious mouth-watering prawn dish! My favourite! Looks delicious! I could finish the whole plate by myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joyce, long time! Whole plate? You sure? :D

      Delete
  6. Welcome back too Alvin! Haha I know what you mean about not blogging as much because I'm just as "guilty". Glad that you're posting again and those prawns look tempting! And yay to your new year resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alvin,

    Glad to see that you are back in action with your cooking!

    We are happy to have you to be part of our ang pow giveaway!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alvin , for such a simple dish , your lemon prawns looks like a million bucks ;D I'm pretty sure it tastes as awesome as it looks ! I won't say I haven't seen you since I'm always drooling over your instagram posts , well , not this past few days since my phone decided to swim into the toilet bowl :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Anne! Thanks for encouragement! Yes, I'm more active in IG than blogging. :D

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...