Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What I cook (and eat) this Lunar New Year




The 15-day Lunar New Year celebration is coming to an end this Friday. I am sure many of my Chinese readers and friends have a great time catching up with family members, relatives and friends over sumptuous meals.

While the celebration continues, I shall keep this post short and sweet. Here is a peep into my kitchen and dining room - some of the home-cooked food that I really enjoyed this Chinese New Year so far.

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Huat Ah!


Roast pork belly

Pork Belly Char Siew

Melts in the mouth!

Steamed glutinous rice

Braised Chinese mustard green with roast pork, mushroom and dried scallop

Chili Prawns by Eeleen

Ngoh Hiang by Eeleen

Lotus leaf eight-treasure rice by my Dajie

13 comments:

  1. Alvin! Huat Ah! Chiak Ah! What a fantastic spread of food! The Yee Sang is so colourful but I am really eyeing the pork belly char siew :) I am sure you and your family had a blast and so, I bet you have great plans with the missus this Friday, huh? Happy Chap Goh Meh and Valentine's day in advance to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thanks and sorry for replying late. Saying I'm lazy is an understatement lately! :D

      Delete
  2. Looks so delicious! I am looking fwd to your improved char siew recipe :) Gong Xi Fa Cai to you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gong xi Fa Cai Alvin, I love the look of the skin on your sio bak....so blistered! Your yee sang dish is also very colorful and looks so prosperous:D Am sure your CNY is a great one thus far:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie! Sio Bak is everyone's favourite! :D

      Delete
  4. Alvin, all these are my favorite. yummy..... gong xi fa cai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chap Goh Mei to you and family. You've got a super delicious spread there. All the food look so tempting, especially your roast pork and the Yee Sang. Drooling here ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am drooling over everything!!!! Looks so, so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks like a wonderful banquet! I believe that any cuisine is always better home-cooked. I have my eyes on that roasted pork belly!

    ReplyDelete

Share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...