Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies




Chinese New Year (CNY) is just around the corner and many Chinese households are busying and getting ready for the most important celebration and holiday of the year. House spring cleaning and decoration, personal grooming, shopping for CNY clothing and goodies, stocking up for the reunion dinner etc. It's getting all so exciting!

One of the yearly CNY preparations in this household is the baking of See's Cookies for families and friends. We need about 50 containers of cookies for self consumption and giveaways. As we both have our day jobs, wife and I would start baking these goodies every night after putting the kids to bed for 2 weeks leading up to the Lunar new year.

Besides the standard must-have pineapple tarts, wife lines up a few other types of goodies every year. I had previously posted recipes for Polvorones and Mexican Wedding Cookies. Today, I'm sharing this recipe which wife created after some experiments - Blueberry white chocolate cookies.

Love dried blueberry and love white chocolate but don't ask me why this combination for cookies but they were very well received last year and we baked a few trays last night. 

Ingredients

250g flour
227g butter
1/2 tsp salt
50g powdered sugar
70g dried blueberry
50g white chocolate chip

Method

Cream butter and powdered sugar until soft and well blended. Add flour and salt to the batter and mix with spatula until a smooth dough forms. Add blueberry and chocolate chips and mix well.

Roll dough out to a thickness of 10mm. Cut out shapes using your preferred pastry cookie cutter and place them on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes at 180C.







34 comments:

  1. 50 containers! So hardworking! I've decided not to bake any this year due to my lifestyle choice, so I was glad to receive some from a friend so Frank could enjoy them. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose not to reply until now! LOL!

      Just kidding... Come over!

      Delete
  2. Hi Alvin, The cookies sound so good but I've never tried dried blueberry before. Your wife is so creative. I must come here often to learn from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!!! That time of the year again. Wish I could sample some of yours. Bet they're out of this world! Yum! Yummmm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur! I'll bring you some when I come over!

      Delete
  4. Hi Alvin,
    I am sure these cookies sound really good and healthy with the blueberries; I simply adore blueberries be it fresh or dried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Mel! This has become the new favourite for the family this year!

      Delete
  5. Oh yum! What a great idea! And they don't sound too hard to make either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fern! You are right. Easy to make and yet so yummy!

      Delete
  6. Your wife is blessed to have a helper with CNY goodies. THese cookies look just lovely with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh the See's Chinese New Year cookies :D 50 containers ?! Lucky family and friends ! Dried blueberries and white choco combo sounds fantastic and delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! you are so kind to give away so many tubs, I would resort to selling them:P These looks delicious! Got to try baking some, for my own consumption, not giving away:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Jeannie, it's quite time consuming if we were to start selling them.

      Delete
  9. Hi Godson, that look good and very addictive kind of cookies. Great combination.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The moment I saw blueberries and white chocolate, I had to hop in right away. These cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I admire both you and your wife for generously making so many containers of cookies for yr family and friends.

    Wishing you and your family a Happy Chinese New Year! All the best for the Yr of the Horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones too!

      Delete
  12. Did you just say 50 containers? Those big ones? Holy molly! Do you need help with preparing dinner and taking care of your children? I'd be there if I can get one of those 50 boxes of amazing See's Cookies! :D Seriously, you two are amazing. What a great Paying it Forward from the new year too! I admire you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nami!! I admire you very much too! :D

      Delete
  13. Also, I want to wish you and your family Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you, your hubby and the 2 cuties a very happy new year too!

      Delete
  14. So Alvin, when are See's cookies reaching my doorsteps? Hee..hee....I salute you and your wife for staying up to bake these scrumptious cookies. I wouldn't have the energy. Here's wishing you and your family Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaching soon... be patient! :D

      Thanks Thanks! Happy new year and most importantly good health to you too!

      Delete
  15. I followed my nose here......... dropping by to wish you Happy CNY to you & family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Shirley, how does it smell good?! :D GXFC!

      Delete
  16. Alvin, Saw your recipe yesterday and baked it today for my mother who is vegetarian. Yeap! your cookies recipe without egg created by your wife is great. It is soft and buttery. Please convey thank you to your wife for sharing this recipe. Lastly, Happy Chinese New Year to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hi Amy! I'm glad that you tried and liked it! A very good new year to you and family too!

      Delete
  17. Alvin , just passing by to say Kung Hei Fat Choi ! May the Year of the Horse bring you and your family good health , happiness and prosperity !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...