Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A look back at the Top 10 recipes of 2013




Today is the last day of 2013. This is the time when people take a break and look back at the year and reflect on all that has happened. For me, 2013 is another amazing year as far as this blog and my culinary and wine journey is concerned.

Firstly, I got to know many new foodies and wine enthusiasts who had shown and shared with me their love and passion for food and wine. I got to learn a great deal from them and many are now my food guides and lunch partners.

In July this year,  I hosted my first online cooking/baking event -  Little Thumbs Up. It was fun and tiring as I made sure that I read through each and every recipe post submitted by the participants. It was so rewarding to know many of you through this event.

In June and December, we made overseas trips as a family to US/Canada and Penang respectively. We met up with great pals in Toronto and had a wonderful time catching up over food and wine every day and night for more than 2 weeks. Just a couple of weeks back, we visited one of Asia's greatest street food city - Penang and found ourselves indulging in the famous street food and Peranakan cuisines all the time.

This year I also took a first baby step to realise my dream of becoming a private Chef, going to someone's home to cook and share my passion. Let's see how it goes from here.

I still cook for the family and friends every weekend and holidays although I must admit that I have not been posting new recipes and my wine tasting notes as regularly of late. This will be my new year resolution for 2014 - to share more of the delicious things that I cook, eat and drink here.

As 2013 draws to a close, it is so fun to do a quick recap of the 10 most popular recipe posts (based on blogger statistics) this year here at Chef and Sommelier. Here you go:




1. Peng Cai, Poon Choi



I wish all of you a great 2014 ahead - More good food, wine, love and health!

Cheers!

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family and All the best in year 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring on your glass quick and cheers to a better year 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, chef! Onwards to another blessed and bountiful year ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Godson, wishing you a very Happy New Year with good health and happiness. Great to have a 'online godson'. LOL

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! All the dishes looked so delicious & a few of them look much better than restaurants served dishes! Like the pork cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alvin, Yam Seng to a great 2014! All the best to you in your private chef venture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful---I can't wait to see more, Chef! A VERY Happy New Year to you and yours, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love your recipe recap! What gorgeous, delicious food you've cooked up this year. Looking forward to seeing your 2014 creations. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alvin, Glad to hear that you have realised your dream as a private chef. All the best to you and Happy New Year to you and your family! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Alvin! Wishing all good things for you and your family. May your private chef stint take off to greater heights!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every recipe looks amazing, Alvin. Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alvin,
    Your dishes are all amazing!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to make your char siu recipe :P Hey , at least I've pasted the recipe on the kitchen wall :D

    Love your recipe recap , each dish is exceptional ! I often wonder how much is the going rate for private chef these days lol

    Wishing you and your family a Happy , Healthy and a Bountiful 2014 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year:D I am drooling as I look through your best dishes for 2013, each and every dish looks so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your very nice roast chicken did not make the list?

    ReplyDelete
  16. all of them looked absolutely delicious. I wanna try the scallops with quail eggs next. thanks for the wonderful recipes. Previously I made panna cotta after reading your post and it's great! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! That homemade char siew looks crazy delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 2014, Alvin!!! Your 2013 cooking is fantastic!!!

    You are such a great host for LTU! I saw that you are hosting AFF too with Indian theme. Will keep this in my mind :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome round-up, Alvin! Love the pen chai best; guess it's because your abalone caught my attention. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...