Ham and cheese is such a classic combination that has been used in hundreds of recipes. The reliable combination was given a classy and modern twist by Chef Anna Borrasi in a recipe that she demonstrated during the "Flavours of Italy Culinary Workshop" held in ToTT store last month.
Italian smoked scarmorza is wrapped with Prosciutto and pan seared. The saltiness of the parma ham fortiﬁes the ﬂavours of the scamorza cheese and makes both taste even better. The use of deep and intense expresso liqueur, Galliano Ristretto, in the sauce adds richness and a burst of flavour and gives the dish a new array of aromas.
|Galliano Ristretto liqueur|
This delightful starter dish is easy to prepare at home. Try it and I guarantee you that your guests will be very impressed.
1pc smoked scamorza cheese
220gm parma ham
100ml white cooking wine
400gm chiodini mushroom
200ml Galliano Ristretto liqueur
100gm mesculin lettuce
100gm cherry tomatoes
Salt & Black pepper
1. Slice the scamorza cheese into 8 wedges.
2. Wrap the scamorza cheese in parma ham.
3. In a preheated sauté pan, pour the olive oil and garlic. Add the chiodini mushroom and
4. Deglace with white wine. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add a bit of mushroom juice in a small pot. Add in the Galliano Ristretto liqueur. Work
in with butter and flour.
1. Prepare 4 small mixed salads with the mesculin lettuce and cherry tomatoes on a plate.
2. Pour the Galliano and mushroom sauce around the plate.
3. Sear the scamorza and place on top of salad.
4. Sprinkle the chiodini mushroom around the plate.
5. Add some sliced chives as garnish.