In this recipe that Chef Anna Borrasi demonstrated during the "Flavours of Italy Culinary Workshop" held in ToTT store last month, mortadella ham was sliced thinly and rolled with fillings of porcini mushrooms and mascarpone cheese mixture and stuffed into the paccheri pasta.
The plating of the standing pasta created an impressive and dramatic visual presentation. Served with a cheesy and creamy dolce latte sauce sauce, I found this dish too rich for my palate, especially on an early Sunday morning, but I could see that it was very popular with many cream and cheese lovers out there.
400gm paccheri pasta
200gm porcini mushrooms
130gm mascarpone cheese
200gm dolce latte
100gm parmesan cheese
100ml Galliano L’Autentico liqueur
4pcs leek leaves
Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-cook the paccheri and set aside.
2. Finely slice the mortadella.
3. Trifoliate the porcini mushroom with shallots, oil and parsley.
4. Once set and cooled, add in the mascarpone and parmesan cheese.
5. Place some of this mixture in a slice of mortadella and roll it.
6. Stuff the mortadella filling into the paccheri.
7. Place in a tray with butter.
8. In a separate pot, add dolce latte, cream and butter.
9. Place this in a bain-marie and stir gently.
Place the dolce latte sauce in a plate. Place the paccheri and garnish with lemon
flavouring and Galliano L’Autentico liqueur.
Note: Recipe is provided by Chef Anna and I needed some clarification, especially on step 7, but was unable to contact her.