Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paccheri Pasta stuffed with Mortadella & Mushroom served on Dolce Latte E-Fondue, lemon flavouring & Galliano L’Autentico




Paccheri pasta is a large, hollow, tube-shaped type of pasta. Due to its size, paccheri pasta is usually, although not necessarily, stuffed with fillings such as seafood, sausage or ricotta cheese.

In this recipe that Chef Anna Borrasi demonstrated during the "Flavours of Italy Culinary Workshop" held in ToTT store last month, mortadella ham was sliced thinly and rolled with fillings of porcini mushrooms and mascarpone cheese mixture and stuffed into the paccheri pasta.

The plating of the standing pasta created an impressive and dramatic visual presentation. Served with a cheesy and creamy dolce latte sauce sauce, I found this dish too rich for my palate, especially on an early Sunday morning, but I could see that it was very popular with many cream and cheese lovers out there.

Ingredients
400gm paccheri pasta
200gm mortadella
200gm porcini mushrooms
130gm mascarpone cheese
200gm dolce latte
100gm parmesan cheese
50ml cream
30ml butter
100ml Galliano L’Autentico liqueur
4pcs leek leaves
100gm shallots
Salt & Pepper

Method

1. Pre-cook the paccheri and set aside.

2. Finely slice the mortadella.

3. Trifoliate the porcini mushroom with shallots, oil and parsley.

4. Once set and cooled, add in the mascarpone and parmesan cheese.

5. Place some of this mixture in a slice of mortadella and roll it.

6. Stuff the mortadella filling into the paccheri.

7. Place in a tray with butter.

8. In a separate pot, add dolce latte, cream and butter.

9. Place this in a bain-marie and stir gently.

Plating

Place the dolce latte sauce in a plate. Place the paccheri and garnish with lemon
flavouring and Galliano L’Autentico liqueur.


Note: Recipe is provided by Chef Anna and I needed some clarification, especially on step 7, but was unable to contact her. 


36 comments:

  1. Wow. This is beautiful. I'm not familiar with Paccheri pasta but I will now be on the look out for it when I go out to eat in NYC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe. Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma mia!!! Never heard of this pasta before. My girl would love this! She loves pastas, not our local noodles, mushrooms and anything with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur! Yes, cheese lovers will adore this dish.

      Delete
  4. This looks beautiful, I'm not a huge fan of overly creamy pasta, but will definitely want to try it out to impress my friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasline! Try and let me know your feedback! :D

      Delete
  5. wow...ooozing with deliciousness :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alvin, this is too cheesy and creamy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong! Yes.. too cheesy for me too! :D

      Delete
  7. I didn't like this dish, I prefer the other one. Finds the taste very overpowering for Asian palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alvin, you recreated this dish like a pro. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lian! I have not recreated this. I merely share the recipe here. :D

      Delete
  9. Firstly, I got to read the name of this recipe rather slowly, and not even sure if I pronounce it right! haha!
    I have never seen this pasta before, sounds very interesting. And very rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Joyce! I agree it's kind of long... know what? I had already omitted the 2nd half of the name in Italian! :D

      Delete
  10. I love paccheri, never tried to stuff them though, what a cool idea :-).
    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alessandra! Long time... How are you? Yes, a good idea to stuff the pasta with interesting fillings! :D

      Delete
  11. I love stuffed pasta...and yours sounds incredible! The filling with meat and cheese must taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alvin,

    Your pasta look like "delicious" and not dangerous kind volcano erupting liquid cheese... Yum! What did you do for step 7? Did you grease the tray with butter or fill the tray with melted butter? Or maybe something else???

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe! I have not cooked this at home yet. I just thought step 7 is not complete.

      Delete
  13. Another great recipe but I can only admire but look at those ingredients, pening ...hehehe..ya, about burdock taste, it taste like gingseng , sound good right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A-Chi!

      Oooo.. ginseng? Cheaper alternative!!!

      Delete
  14. Hi Godson, wow... fine dinning like from 5 star hotel. Looking at the ingredients... I think you cook for me, I drop by dinner. :))

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never have thought that there's a humongous tube-shaped pasta out there :D I love this kind of combo , cheese and pasta ? nuf said lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm the directions are quite brief, but this sure looks like an impressive dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine! The printed recipe from Chef Anna was given to us during the workshop. I agree it lacks some details but should not be too difficult to figure out ourselves. :D

      Delete
  17. Love that shot, Alvin! Picture says it all. Thumbs-up to this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Alvin,
    This is another piece of art..:D
    Like Ah Chi said pening looking at the ingredients but It is so good to know there is a lovely dish like this out there :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...