The family enjoys Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes. Wife has been using the recipe shared by my "Big Big Sister" Sonia from Nasi Lemak Lover on numerous occasions now. Last week, she wanted to try something different and added some green tea powder to make this green tea Hokkaido cupcakes.
Green Tea Hokkaido Cupcakes
(Adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover with changes in BLUE)
*makes 9 cupcakes
3 egg yolks
35g corn oil
70g cake flour (I used 60g)
10g green tea powder
3 egg whites
60g dairy whipping cream
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C.
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour and green tea powder, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combined.
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (over a bowl of iced water).
custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Keep refrigerated before consume.