Monday, September 16, 2013

Estrella Damm INEDIT - Beer by Chef Ferran Adrià




I am not a beer person and certainly not a beer expert but this INEDIT brew gets my nod. 

My makan kaki Andrew introduced this beer to me during one of the Jumping Table dinners. When he brought this beer over to me in a white wine glass, I was like "Huh? They don't have proper beer glasses in the restaurant?" and he explained that the INEDIT beer was specially crafted to accompany food. It offers a similarly food-friendly character to wine and therefore best to be served in wine glasses. I was impressed with his knowledge and could not wait to taste this special beer.

I took a sip and liked it immediately. It had beautiful fruity floral characters with a sensation of fresh yeast and sweet spices.  I thought in some ways the INEDIT is similar to Hoegaarden, it has a thin mouthfeel, creamy and long finish. A wonderfully refreshing beer.

After that evening, I went to few liqour shops in search of this beer but failed. Then, I found out the importer and made an order for a dozen bottles. I was excited.



Jointly created by revered Spanish beer giant Estrella Damm, Legendary chef Ferran Adrià and his team of sommeliers at the famous elBulli restaurant, Estrella Damm Inedit was designed specifically to accompany and compliment food. Born from a conviction that beer could be paired with top quality cuisine, INEDIT has revolutionised common perception, and is completely unique in concept.

According to the official website, with its elegant and refined bubbles, this beer is designed to take acid, sweet and sour by the hand. The symphony of flavours in each dish is different, but there is a common thread capable of unifying them all, due to a sense of continuity meaning there is no need to switch drinks. Very interesting indeed.







I usually pick up wine bottles from liquor shops with the labels I recognize or buy bottles which have attractive or appealing label and bottle design. So, besides the taste and the unique concept, I love the INEDIT beer for the classy label and bottle design. The design is tall, black and handsome, with a gold star and red sleeve. Simple and elegant.



Like I said earlier, I am no beer expert and many real experts out there might have different opinions about this beer and its pricing. But I really enjoy my food with this very refreshing and elegant beer. A gastronomic beer, if I may. 

I would love to share this with my friends and I recommend you to try it too.

23 comments:

  1. Beer? Those look like bottles of wine... Come! Open...see! The beer, I mean! Mushahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hubby had a similar one in Esquina Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alvin, I like beer but as you know I can't drink it now without dozing off within 10 minutes. I'll bet this being a designer beer, it must cost quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong! You should try it! Just a little bit!

      I got it for about S$20 per bottle.

      Delete
  4. Pretty costly for a bottle of beer but I guess one has to pay for the gorgeous packaging too...I too like the look of it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie! Yes, I agree it is pricey for a bootle of beer but compared to a bottle of good white wine, it becomes a cheaper option. :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Alvin,

    If I have to drink beer in wine glasses, I will be "huh?" too! My husband loves his beer but I don't think he will like beer in this sleek form... We still like the blokish kind of beer packaging! :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Godson, nice recommendation. The bottle look elegant.
    I need a glass now...:)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree that this bottle of beer do look quite classy . So beer in wine glasses..have to sip slowly then? hehe...Yummmm Senngg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beer by Mr Adria , so cool ! Love the name as well :D I bet that is one pricey beer !

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this beer and i drank them in wine glasses too, it's easy to be paired with food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eiling! I know you will appreciate this! Cheers!

      Delete
  10. i want to have a dozen, where can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriel, I assume you are from Singapore. You can place your order through Wine Exchange Asia.

      Delete
  11. Where can i get a bottle of this ?

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...