Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Friendship and the BIG 40




They tell me 40 is the new 30. They are just being nice.

Actually, I do not really care what people say or think about my age. Age is just a number. I mean some people marry, gain weight, lose hair, become complacent, or turn permanently rigid as early as their late 20s and some look absolutely stunning in their combat military physique at age 50 or beyond. Age is a mindset and you are never older than you feel.

Having said that, turning 40 is still a significant milestone of my life. Looking back, I have quite a fulfilling life to-date. Yes, there were mistakes, regrets and unhappiness at some points but I am really grateful for who I am and what I have today - My family, friends, health and fitness, food and wine... the list goes on.

When I snapped and uploaded these pictures for this post, I intended to write a Restaurant review on the new Saint Pierre at Sentosa Quayside where our wives and our group of wine kakis planned a surprise birthday party for Richard and I (We were born in the same year, month and on the same day!). But I have decided to mention nothing about what we ate or drank that evening.

I just want to dedicate this post to all my friends out there as I turn 40 in a week's time. I mean all of you from my kindergarden years to secondary school, from Army to University, until now. Friends from different part of my life.

I reach this milestone remembering all of you and feeling grateful to have you in my 40 years of life. Thank you for all the moments we have shared. Thank you for being my friends.

Cheers to the BIG 40! (Ahem... I mean the new 30 :p)
















52 comments:

  1. 40???? Why, I could have sworn you're at the most...30!!!! Looking good, my friend... Keep it up, and it's pretty obvious you had a great birthday...and here's wishing you lots more happy birthdays in the years to come. CHEERSSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alvin, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND STAY YOUNG AT HEART ALWAYS. You looking good...don't look your age!! Laughter is the best medicine to prevent wrinkles and stay young at heart. Cheers!!

    Very delicious and delectable dinner.
    Have a great day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Godmum! Yes, lots to learn from you! :D

      Delete
  3. Happy 40th and yes, you still look young and good (in your 30s) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, man from the same era! Happy Birthday!!! and welcome to the new 30s!

    Nice celebration with lots of great food and wine. The man in blue shirt in your picture looks like one of my friends... maybe he is my friend???

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes... Zoe!

      I'm not surprised if he is! It's a small world after all!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Alvin. You look barely 30, I don't believe you are 40! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay... okay... I will pay for the drinks! :D

      Delete
  6. Hi Alvin, Happy Birthday. Age is just 2 numbers. So long as we live life to the fullest every day without regrets or procrastinations, we will never feel old. Being healthy and active keeps us young and energetic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday Alvin...there's a long way to go...you're just beginning a life full of happiness...many happy returns:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Alvin! Hope you have a wonderful week long celebration leading up to the big 40! Till then, enjoy being 20 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Fern! 20? Kind of stretched! Thanks thanks! :D

      Delete
  9. Happy 40th birthday! Alvin, were you in the group photo? I can't really recognise you, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 40th Birthday to you Bro, I am so happy now because your age also start with 4, like me, hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks Sis! I'm glad that it makes you happy! :D

      Delete
  11. happy birthday, chef ^^ here's to eating well, staying healthy and happy always, whatever the number! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alvin, have a Blessed Birthday! Don't worry you still looks like 30, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

    Happy Birthday, Alvin. Stay young and healthy and be happy. May God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy 40 bro and heres looking to another great 40 years of great food and cooking to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Alvin, You're not 40, you're 18 with 22 years experience! Have a great Birthday! God bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 40th! You know what they say...men get finer as they age (not fair)! It's very true so cheers to love, life, family, and good food, Chef! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I think women get finer with age too... I'm serious! :D

      Delete
  17. Hi Alvin,
    A belated Happy Birthday to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doris! You are not late, they were early!

      Delete
  18. Hi Alvin! You turned 40 already or is it next week? Whatever, wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Don't worry too much about the rising number. You are as old as you feel. I am six years ahead of you and I am a lot happier now than I was in my teens or twenties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PH! It's next Tue.

      I know what you mean... and cheers to our 40s! :D

      Delete
  19. Hi Alvin
    I'm so sorry, I am so late to wish.....here I am, happy belated birthday to you. No matter what age you are celebrating, may happiness n health be with you at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi Mel! No worries! You are not late at all!

      Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  20. Age IS a mindset. Enjoy the age you feel you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 40th , Alvin ! You sure don't look your age , maybe thirtyish as Lena implied ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, how did i miss this post?! Happy (very) belated 40 oops i mean 30 Alvin! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday! Oh dear I am very late in wishing you :p yes 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Alvin,
    Oops! Happy belated 30th birthday!
    Stay health and young at heart always :D
    Sorry for my very late wishes, hope you will accept ..lol
    cheers!
    mui

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...