Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chateau La Croix St Georges Pomerol 2007





This is my first post for the month of June and might well be the last too.

I have been busy lately preparing for our trip to Eastern US and Canada and I am now all ready!

Time flies and it has been more than six months since CJ and Jazz uprooted themselves and the kids from this little red dot and moved to the the other side of the planet. For months, the Tans and us had planned for this trip to visit our friends in Canada and this would be a great reunion for the three families.

In a way, wine brought us together and played an important part in our friendships. We had many great TGIF drinking sessions together and had shared and enjoyed many of the wine that were featured in this blog.

During the last TGIF session before the trip, Alan brought this bottle of Pomerol and it was delicious! Especially when we had it with the pan seared foie gras on toasted baguette that I prepared. (I had to clear my fridge before our trip - this was the remaining half liver from wife's birthday dinner).

In the Bordeaux region of south-western France, Pomerol is a much-respected red wine appellation. Merlot is the dominant grape in Pomerol and plays a large part in making the wine rich, smooth and approachable and Cabernet Frac is often added to provide structure and an element of savory spice. Due to the limited production of this small, quality-focused appellation and also because they are relatively long-lived, Pomerol wines are very much sought after globally.

This Pomerol from Chateau La Croix St Georges is medium-bodied and very well structured. With a firm tannins and a lovely texture, the wine gives a smoky finish with great depth. Absolutely beautiful!

Besides my family, three of my favorite things to enjoy in my daily life are good friends, good food and a good bottle of wine. It was perfect when I got to enjoy them all at the same time that night!


Vintage:  2007
Producer:  Chateau La Croix St Georges
Varietal: 96% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc
Country: France
Region: Bordeaux
Sub-Region: Libournais
Appellation: Pomerol
Type: Red Wine










28 comments:

  1. Enjoy a fun and safe trip with your family and friends, Alvin :) I'll still keep an eye for your next post...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alvin , no wonder you're not posting much ! Hope you all have an enjoyable trip in the land of plenty :D Is there any room in one of your luggage , I'll hitch a ride lol

    I love wine corks though I can't collect them since I don't drink wine tsk !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoho Anne! Just get an air ticket! Haha.

      I have now no more containers to store the corks!

      Delete
  3. Oh? You're going off somewhere? How long will you be gone? Enjoy yourselves, you and your family and everybody. Have a safe and delightful trip, God bless...and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my friend! My next post will be in July... I will be hosting the Little Thumbs Up in July. Support me okay?!

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable trip with friends and family. Remember to bring back loads of pictures to show us.

    Cheers!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alvin my Godson, enjoy your trip with your family and friends. Bring us a truck load of pictures.

    That wine look good, thanks or the recommendation. Will check it out when I go liqueur shop. Cheers to you.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alvin, you collect the wine corks? You must have tons then :) Have a good trip and tell us all about it, OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phong Hong! Just came back last 2 days ago and have not recovered from the jet lag. Let me sort out the pictures for the trip and share with you soon.

      Delete
  7. hv a great holiday, eat eat eat and wine wine wine, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Time to hit the gym and train doubly hard starting this week!

      Delete
  8. Alvin , just passing by to greet you a Happy Father's Day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! That's very thoughtful of you!

      Delete
  9. Bro, still in holiday? You must be enjoying your trip, drop by here to wish you a belated Father's Day and await for your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes A-Chi! Touched down last Saturday!

      Delete
  10. Aw have a lovely trip! I'm off to new york in a few day's time too! Can't wait! Hpe you had a great father;s day there and a great holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shu Han! Are you still in NY? Have fun!

      Delete
  11. Envy! Have a great vacation & stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...