Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lunar New Year 2013 - Year of the Snake




Firstly, I would like to wish all my Chinese readers and followers a very healthy and prosperous year of the snake! Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for M.I.A. for almost a week. I was so very busy with the new year preparation, cooking, hosting and visiting. There was no post on this blog and I hardly had any chance to visit many of the blogs that I follow.

Today is the fourth day of the Lunar new year. Public holidays ended here in Singapore. The kids went back to school and adults started work. I took leave for another couple of days to have an extended holiday and also to prepare dinner for the family's Valentine Day's celebration tomorrow. As such, I finally have some spare time to sort out the pictures that I took when I was busy in the kitchen this lunar new year.

As I would be cooking for 3 straight days this year, I took leave last Friday to start the preparation. Dishes like Ngoh Hiang and Sous Vide braised belly were cooked in bigger quantity and stored in the fridge to reduce the cooking time on the actual days.

It was tiring but rewarding to see the family, relatives and friends enjoying my food and having a good time! 

Gong Xi Fai Cai! Huat Ah!























22 comments:

  1. Alvin, your CNY meals look absolute mouthwatering! Prawns, abalone, pork belly and siew yoke - give me all! YUM! Happy CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alvin , what a fabulous CNY spread ! My mouth's watering looking at all that scrumptious food :D I really want to get my hands on that roasted pork belly *sigh* ;D

    Here's wishing you and your family Happy Chinese New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! You should try this roast pork recipe... It's under my recipe page.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Happy Chinese New Year. Everything looks so amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Alvin, you are killing me with all this feast you were cooking up! It was hard to see everyone cooking for CNY over here. It's a regular day for us and no time to cook (well, it was Sunday tho). Happy Chinese New Year! Next time I hope to get invited. ;) Hehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nami! I would love to host you one day! Remember to contact me when you visit Singapore!

      BTW, I baked the Gâteau au Chocolat using your recipe for our Valentine's Day dinner tonight! It was awesome! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Oooooo...no wonder you were too busy to drop by my blog. Gosh!!! Your spread certainly puts mine to shame...blush...blush! Drool! Drool! Next year, I'm spending Chinese New Year in Singapore so make sure you have all those dishes and save a place at your table for me, eh? LOL!!!

    Qong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le to you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... sure sure... will do! Arthur!

      Happy New Year and Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  6. Your pictures never cease to amaze me...Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alvin
    First of all, Happy Chinese New Year to you and to your family. May the start of the Snake year has been good so far, and hope it will bring good health and a prosperous year to you. I wish I was invited to enjoyed these whole lots of delicious food. It must be tiring to cook those loadful of dishes, but of course it is good to have family and friends get together to wish each other with good blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mel! Yes, tiring but hey... that's my passion!

      Delete
  8. Hi Alvin, gosh your food photos are making me drool. Can I invite myself over next year? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich! I need to have a separate party for all you bloggers!!! :D

      Delete
  9. Hi Alvin, you sure cooked up a storm. No wander you are so busy... everything look so delicious and delectable. Better than restaurant, you sure an excellent chef.

    Wishing you and family a very happy new year and a prosperous year ahead. Your are truly blessed, that's how I see you, my friend. Happy valentine day to you and your loved ones.

    Have a great day ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Amelia! I'm thankful for everything!

      Happy V-Day to you and your loved ones too!

      Delete
  10. As always, the spread is just fantastic, Alvin. They all look so delicious. I have only had yee sang a few times and it is something that I really like. Memories of this meal would probably make your guests happy for the rest of the year. Happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adora! Yee Sang (Yu Sheng) salad dish is not difficult to make. If you like it, you can do it anytime... not only during CNY!

      Delete
  11. Alvin, you prepared all these dishes? you are an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...