Friday, December 28, 2012

Liebster Blog Award





I was in Melbourne when I found out that "Chef and Sommelier" was nominated for the Liebster Blog award by Veronica of Minty's Kitchen.  This is my very first award and I am extremely thrilled, excited and honoured to be nominated. My heart-felt appreciation to Veronica for the nomination and a BIG Thank You to all my followers and readers for your support and valuable comments all this while.

Let's continue to eat, drink, blog and be merry!

Liebster is a German word and it means dearest or favourite.  The significance of this award is to bring more attention to your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, who deserve to have more recognition and followers than they already have.  In other words, it is like a chain letters of love for baby-bloggers.

The rules to accepting this award:
Add the award icon to your blog
Link to your nominator to say thank you
Answer the questions the nominator has set for you, and create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer
Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog and tell them about the award

My Answers to  the 11 Questions from Veronica (Minty's Kitchen)
Entree, Main or dessert - Entree, Main AND dessert
Your favourite dessert - Bread and Butter Pudding
Your favourite cookbook - "ad hoc at home" - Thomas Keller
Your favourite junk food - Fried Chicken Wing?
Who inspires you the most in cooking - My family! I love to cook food that they like and appreciate!
Your favourite part of blogging - To share with and learn from many talented people out there
Your favourite dish - Too many... especially with the right wine pairing!
What/who inspired you to start your blog - Food, wine, family and friends
Favourite time of the day - Every minute when I am awake
If you were to have your last meal, what would it be - My grandma's Lor Mee
Your must-have pantry items - Sous Vide Machine

As part of the rules, I would like to nominate the Liebster Blog Award to the following interesting and colourful blogs that I follow (I had selected 14 of them instead of 11!):

Apricosa
Chicken in a Cherry Sauce
Cook with No Books
Extra Virgin Chef
Fire and Food
Food, Fork and Good
Gastronaut
Italianna - Wine, Food & Piemonte
Much Ado About Eating
Phong Hong Bakes
Ping's Pickings
The Fuss Free Chef
Through the Kitchen Door
To Food with Love

And my questions for the nominees are:

Cooking or Blogging?
Your favourite Chef/Restaurant?
Three favourite ingredients?
Three ingredients that you would avoid?
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?
Coffee or Tea?
Cakes or Cookies?
Butter or Olive Oil?
Red or White (Wine)?
Which three famous individuals would you invite to dinner (dead or alive)?
If you were to have your last meal, what would it be?

25 comments:

  1. Alvin! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very generous of you to pass this on to me :) I guess this time I had better follow the rules, hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I forgot to congratulate you (bad auntie). Congratulations, Alvin! A much deserved award for the classy stuff you do! Ah, I see grandma's lor mee has a very special place in your heart :)

      Delete
    2. Ha PH! Thanks.

      Yes, my grandma's lor mee is something dear to my heart...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award! And thank you so much for nominating my blog as well. Wow, your grandma's lor mee must be super good...haven't eaten lor mee in a long long time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fern!

      It's not so much of the taste... it's the connection and how it can trigger fond memories of my childhood and my grandma..

      Delete
  3. Hello Alvin,
    Thank you for nominating me and I'm very pleased to accept the award....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Luan! Seriously, I have not tried cooking it myself before! Maybe I should...

      Delete
  5. awesome!!! honored to be a part of it! i will get right too it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Always looking forward to reading your write-ups on Italian wine!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your nomination. Had great fun answering the questions. Here you go http://muchadoabouteating.blogspot.sg/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow PY! I like your answers! Let me spend some time to digest your questions... :)

      Delete
  7. Muchos gracias Alvin!! Thankyou for thinking of my blog. Your questions are tough la! hahaha. Now i need to get started on my nominations *rubbing my hands in glee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther, you are most welcome!

      Can't wait to see your list...

      Delete
  8. Congrats , Alvin ! Fried chicken wings ?! For sure ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. just saw your mel photos. I was there too last year, hope to visit again. Congrats chef on the award and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! A great 2013 to you and your loved ones!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your award!
    Wish you and your family A Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats, alvin ^^! what a nice way to cap off 2012 ^^ your bread and butter pudding is definitely on my to-make list ^^!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hui! I'm making the B&B pudding again tomorrow!

      Delete

Share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...