Monday, November 12, 2012

A private luncheon - Farewell gift for our great pals...




For those of you who have been following my blog long enough will know that CJ and Jazz will be relocating to Canada by end of the year. We were surprised and very sad when they first broke the news to us during one of our TGIF session.

They have been our drinking kakis, travel mates and great friends for many years now and what better farewell gift to give them then to host them to a private luncheon at 2706? - The place where we had numerous TGIF late-night sessions and gatherings.

We arranged for this little private luncheon with them this Sunday afternoon and prepared a simple but sumptuous 3-course meal for our guests.

Starter was the Braised Dong Po Belly (in the new plating) served with garlic herbs angel hair pasta with 63C sous vide egg.

Main course was sous vide Beef Cheek with carrots, shallots and mushroom.

Individual bread and butter pudding was served as dessert.

I shall not go into the details but we had some fabulous wine to go with the food that day. Each one of them will easily make it to my "Wine of the Week" post.

CJ and Jazz, we hope you had a great time at 2706 and brought home (and Toronto) some sweet memories with you.











18 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I'd had that meal with you, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I dun mind hosting you if you happen to drop by SIngapore!

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures, they are so vibrant! The bread and butter pudding looks like my kinda of pudding. Consider me a follower also =] Looking forward to these "wine of the week" posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! Welcome and Thank You for following my blog.

      I'll be publishng the B&B Pudding recipe in my next post. Check it out.

      Delete
  3. Very nice plating indeed! Looks like you use sous vide quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yen!

      Yes, I love and embrace the sous vide cooking method. With the sous vide setup getting more affordable, I strongly encourage serious home-chef and foodie (like you and me) to have it in the home kitchen.

      Delete
  4. Your homemade 3 course meal can rival the ones they serve at some high-end resto ! And at a fraction of a price :D Your friends are very lucky indeed ! I love the plating so as that pretty bowl that holds the egg :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, Thanks for the compliment. I'm still learning and hopefully will reach the level like you said.

      I love the little bowl too... I have a weakness for kitchenware... wife is complaining already. :P

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your's is gorgeous. Happy to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika - the chef, singer and runner! Welcome to my space!

      Delete
  6. What a meal, I am impressed!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alvin, you are ready to start one of those small private home based restaurants. You know, start small with friends as your guests and who knows where that will take you. You have talent, young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PH. Have been thinking about it... You wanna be my first customer?

      Delete
    2. Alvin, I'll book the first flight out to Singapore when that happens. And remember, bigger portion size for the Dong Po Belly :)

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...