Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bone-In Beef Short Ribs Grill




I am a weekend chauffeur as I drive the kids around whole day for their enrichment classes. As such, I usually do not have much time to prepare a proper dinner unless I sous vide them before hand.

Beef short ribs are usually cooked or braised long and slow. I have a favourite 72 hour sous vide beef short ribs recipe but I could not use it for today's dinner as I bought the beef short ribs only today. The easiest and fastest way to cook the short ribs is to simply sear them in hot skillet. But to  do that and get a good result, the ribs have to be sliced thinly so that the meat will not be chewy.

I used only sea salt and freshly crushed pepper on the meat before searing them in hot pan for 2-3 minutes on each side to achieve a falvourful bite with medium doneness. French beans, Ciabatta bread and baked potatoes made the meal complete.

The whole dinner took me less than half an hour to prepare. It was that simple that I do not consider this as a recipe post but just to share what I had for dinner.









8 comments:

  1. Your plating reminds me of Catalunya's. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PY!

      I've yet to visit Catalunya... but it certainly sounds like a good place to visit based on your comparison! :)

      Delete
  2. I am really drooling looking at that beef spare ribs! It has been ages I have beef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For health/religious reason? If not, you should go for it... but eat only good beef from cows that are properly fed and raised.

      Delete
  3. Whoa! Beef ribs, super yummy! I have got to try this, love beef but have never attempted cooking beef ribs myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half an hour to prepare the entire thing? I wonder how long it will take me.

    This is a great dinner idea. Simple, but definitely a feast. Then maybe some dark chocolate truffles for dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take you half an hour. Trust me, it's that simple.

      Yes, chocolate truffles - my first love! LOL!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...