Monday, August 20, 2012

Holiday Cooking




Today is a Public Holiday here in Singapore. I would like to wish all my muslim friends and readers Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

Although I do not celebrate Hari Raya, I have a very fruitful day at home. Besides sitting down with the 2 girls to go through their school work in preparation for their coming tests, I prepared all the three meals for the family.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with Chipolatas and freshly baked croissants. No, I did not get the croissants from Tiong Bahru Bakery nor did I make the croissants from scratch. I got the frozen dough from Swiss Bakery and baked them for 20 minutes in the oven. It was really convenient and yummy too. With a cup of freshly brewed Nespresso coffee, it was a perfect start to the public holiday.



My mother-in-law gave us some fresh oysters from China yesterday. I thought it would be a good idea to cook them with Mee Sua (Rice Vermicelli) for lunch today. With good ikan bilis (dried anchovies) stock and the fresh oyster, we had a very authentic chinese noodle lunch. I will be posting the Oyster Mee Sua recipe in my next post.





Kids had requested my Sous Vide Beef Cheek for dinner and I also wanted to confirm that my version is superior than the beef cheek I had at Absinthe last week. Both kids and I were satisfied. This is slowly becoming my signature dish.

I rarely get the chance to cook all the 3 meals in one single day for the family and I enjoyed every minute of the preparation and cooking time. What could be sweeter or more satisfying than to see your loved ones appreciating your cooking and food? It was a fruitful and enjoyable day.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.




7 comments:

  1. Delicious meal on the table..... you are a good dad to spend the holiday checking their school work! It is good to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel.., yes, it was time well spent.

      Delete
  2. You can start writing down your menu and coming up with your signature dishes... So, when will your private dining going to start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sill WIP... Not too sure when will I take the first baby step. But I am sure you and Jazz will be my first supporters... :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good day in the office! Well done, chef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another new aspect is on the front, right above the display on the upper right
    corner. Most of the Android smart phones come with their own customized ring tones
    which can be set as ring tones and other tones but now in this article lets learn
    about something with which you can set the customized Alarm Ring tones to android devices very easily.

    However, it does not really have to be that way anymore.


    Look at my page; samsung galaxy note

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...