Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Al Dante Trattoria I cooked a big pot (3 times the ingredients in this recipe) of the prawn vermicelli as staple dish for the easter gathering and guess what - nothing was left! I cooked a big pot (3 times the ingredients in this recipe) of the prawn vermicelli as staple dish for the easter gathering and guess what - nothing was left!






Visited this place for a weekday lunch last week.

The restaurant was not crowded considering it was a Friday. In fact, it was less than half filled.

My partner and I shared the rock melon with parma ham for starter. This is a straight forward dish that does not require great culinary skill to prepare. What is really important for this dish is the ingredients must be fresh. In this case, it did not disappoint. The melon was sweet and nicely chilled and the rockets fresh and crunchy. My only complaint was the quantity of the parma ham. I prefer Prego's version of this dish which comes with a more generous serving of the parma ham.

I had the lobster linguine. The pasta turned out totally different from what I had expected when I ordered the dish. It looked very much tomato based instead of the bisque version stated on the menu. Nevertheless, the lobster meat was fresh and overall a hearty dish.

My partner ordered the lobster meat ravioli. The filling was tasty although I could not really taste the lobster meat. If I were to cook this, I would pair the ravioli with a creamy sauce instead of the lemon butter version.

The chocolate and Kahlua cake was too hard for my liking and I could not really taste the coffee alcohol.

Overall, I find the pricing on the higher side for the average pasta dishes and services. We spent a total of $160 for 2 with wine (house pour).



Al Dante TrattoriaChoco

Esplanade Mall
8 Raffles Avenue
#01-13, Esplanade Mall
Singapore 039802
Tel: +65 6341 9188

Opening Hours:

Daily (12pm -3pm lunch, 6pm - 11pm dinner)



Complimentary Olive and Sun-dried Tomato Bread

Prosciutto and Rock Melon with Balsamic reduction

Linguine alla Arragosta - Char-Grilled Lobster served with Linguine in Lobster Bisque Sauce

Ravioli Arragosta - Lobster and Winter Root Vegetables stuffed in homemade Ravioli with Lemon Thyme Butter 

Chocolate and Kahlua Cake

The Restaurant Interior - Clean and neat setting with an open kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing this restaurant, I will have to give this a miss then on my list of palate dining restaurants to go to. Bodega tapas (Spanish at orchard hotel) and la salsa (Mexican at Dempsey) are very very disappointing too.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...