Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year Eve Dinner Menu




Time flies. We are approaching the end of the year. About this time last year, I started this blog to note down all my cooking, wine & dine and travel experiences. My first few posts were about our regular wine gathering and the Degustation menu that I had prepared for the Christmas gathering 2010.

This year, it will still be held at Restaurant 2706 (aka my humble house) on the new year eve. We are going to do some blind wine tasting game after the dinner and HH will take charge of that (HH: Is there a prize for the winner?). As such, I decided to reduce significantly the number of courses for this year's menu so that we can have more time for the wine.

Here is the menu and I hope I get the french translation right:





œuf 63-degré à l'huile de truffe et mousse de foie gras
63-degree Egg with truffle oil and Foie Gras Mousse

Poêlée de pétoncles aux champignons
Pan Seared US Scallop served with mushroom in mirin-shoyu sauce

Poitrine de Porc Sous Vide avec Sauté d'épinards
Peach and Coffee Glazed 24-hours Sous Vide Pork Belly served with baby spinach

Tatin aux Poires et Crème Glacée Vanille
Pear Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream

Sélection de fromages
Cheese Selection



No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...