Thursday, June 23, 2011

Club Med Phuket, Thailand



School holiday started in June and we brought the kids to the largest island of Thailand, Phuket. This was my first trip to Phuket and our first Club Med experience. Wife signed up for a Club Med promotion during the NATAS fair but overall I still find the total cost on the high side.

Rooms were dated and in need of a major upgrade. Like all Club Med, food and drinks were included in the package but not of the highest quality. The staff or the GOs were all very friendly and attentive.  We especially like the idea of the Club Med mini club where the kids spent full days in various activities under full care and supervision of the GOs. This allowed us to have our personal time at the pool and the beach which was right behind the resort.

Will I come back? Yes to Phuket but not to Club Med. But we will definitely try out the other Club Med in the region.





Dinner at the resort restaurant

The resort has a nice and big pool

Bonding time at the pool

Ashley, Audrey and their new friends

Ashley participating in the kids fashion show

Kata Beach just across the resort




Lunch at Fuji Restaurant


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog as I am desperately seeking fellow tourists who visited Club Med Phuket in June 2011. I was there with my family from 1 Jun 2011 to 5 Jun 2011. My 3 year old girl had her first stage experience participating at the Club Med Kids Fashion show. We lost the video of her catwalking at the stage and hope to seek fellow tourist who happen to have captured the show on video. I read your daughter also performed at the show. I am wondering if you and your family happen to be there at the same fashion show in the week from 1 Jun 2011 to 5 Jun 2011 and have a copy of this video. My little girl is currently very heartbroken on the loss of the video. I am praying very hard that you may have visited Club Med Phuket at the same time as us and have the video of her precious 1st performance. Appreciate if you can drop me an email at kum_ee@yahoo.com.sg to revert. Thanks a million!

    - Kum Ee (Singapore)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...