Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Wine & Dine Gathering



Christmas is around the corner and this year we are inviting the drinking kakis to our place for fine dinner with wine pairing. We had been meeting up regularly for drinking sessions and the occasional pot-luck themed dinner sessions but it has been more than a year (16 months to be exact) since we had our last fine dining at The Floravale before we moved.

I refer to the menu we had the last time and decided to drop all items except the pan-seared foie gras. Maybe I can give a little twist to the pairing pear by poaching whole pears in a sweet wine (thinking of using moscato) and honey mixture? This should provide some balance to the heavy and rich duck liver.

Menu for our last fine dining event at The Floravale


Hmmm... I think I will go into the planning details for the coming Christmas dinner in my next post. For now, let me just recall how we had really enjoyed the previous one. If I remember correctly, it was after that dinner that the kakis started our series of pot-luck themed dining sessions when each family would need to prepare a dish or two (based on the agreed theme of course) and brought along a bottle of wine to pair with the dish they prepared. We had tried Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Chinese and many more. (Somehow Richard's roast pork was the most versatile and was featured in many of the sessions)

I remembered we conquered more than 10 bottles that night with Alan, CJ and me finishing the last drop at close to 3am.

I am sure the pictures will bring back fond memories and make us all looking forward to the coming Christmas dinner...








2 comments:

  1. I missed it last year and am certainly not going to miss it this year. Looking at the pictures, my expectation is very high now. So do not disappoint, Chef and Sommelier!
    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Jazz, sure... Preparation for next Saturday's dinner starts today! Going marketing later and had collected the Wagyu Cheek yesterday... Beautiful! C&S

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...